Walt Disney Imagineering challenges you to get together with your team to design…
Imagine it’s the year 3011, Disney has entertainment experiences all around the world, many which don’t even exist today. The human race is finally living on the moon and Walt Disney Imagineering wants to be the first one to provide entertainment and/or recreation to the new citizens there.
What would you imagine that this new Disney experience could be?
Upon qualification, you will be provided a Microsoft Powerpoint® template to submit your project:
Submission must include:
- Overview of your project
- Story behind your design
- What the guest experience will be
- Project images, photos and/or video
- Team members’ roles & project contributions
- Submission may not exceed 8 slides
- Submission may include only one video, not to exceed 1 minute in length
- All images and photos should include a description
- Do not include your college, university or organization name on any image, photo or video
- You may create your own characters or use our existing Disney characters
- Your project submission needs to be mailed on a CD or flashdrive and received by the project submission deadline
- If selected as a finalist team, you may bring all the artwork, illustrations, storyboards, story treatments, models, building designs, and any other materials you may have developed to the final competition
- Project submission must not exceed 10MB in size
- Projects, entries and/or ideas may not be posted or displayed on the internet until the culmination of the competition. Doing so will automatically disqualify the team.
Your submission should be fun, original and innovative.
Make sure to create a project that:
- ...recognizes our evolving marketplace
- ...is not limited to what people already experience at our parks and resorts
- ...considers the business aspects
In addition, make sure that your submission demonstrates:
- Team members' mastery of skills
- Appeal to a diverse audience
- Ability to tell a compelling and engaging story
- Knowledge and passion for the Disney brand and Walt Disney Imagineering
- Ability to collaborate as a team
Keep in mind that Disney is the leader in family entertainment, and that Imagineering tells stories through immersive experiences.
All project submissions will be judged by Imagineers from around the world.
Finalist teams will be selected based on, but not limited to the following:
- Mastery of skills & talents
- Team collaboration
- Guest Experience
- Diversity/ Market perspective
Finalist teams will compete for top awards during the final competition event at Walt Disney Imagineering (WDI) in Glendale, California.
At the final competition, finalist teams will present their project in person to Imagineers. In addition, finalists will get the opportunity to interact with Imagineers, participate in behind-the-scene tours of WDI, visit the Disneyland® Resort, and interview for internship opportunities.