Walt Disney Imagineering Imaginations Design Competition Terms and Conditions
As of August 21, 2017
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY.
The Walt Disney Imagineering (“WDI”) Imaginations Design Competition (“Imaginations”) is a design competition created and administered by WDI for the purpose of seeking out and nurturing the next generation of diverse theme park designers.
By participating in Imaginations, you (“You” and “Your”) agree to the following terms and conditions (“Terms”)
- Eligibility. In order to participate in Imaginations, every individual participant and Team (as defined below) must meet the applicable eligibility requirements set forth on the Imaginations Design Competition website, currently located at www.disneyimaginations.com (and any successor site thereto) (“Website”), including any requirements set forth in these Terms (collectively, “Eligibility Requirements”).
- Participant Eligibility. Each Imaginations participant must be: (i) a resident of the United States; and (ii) over eighteen (18) years of age. Individuals who meet the aforementioned requirements are referred to herein as “Eligible Participants”.
- Team Eligibility. Eligible Participants must participate in Imaginations with one (1) or more other Eligible Participants (collectively, “Team”). Each Team must: (i) be comprised of no less than two (2) Eligible Participants and no more than four (4) Eligible Participants; and, (ii) be available to participate in all required stages of Imaginations. Eligible Participants may not be on more than one Team.
- Each Team participating in Imaginations must adhere to the application requirements and deadlines set forth on the Website.
- Current or former employees or contractors of WDI or Walt Disney Imagineering Research & Development, Inc., and their immediate family members, are not eligible to participate in Imaginations.
- Application Guidelines. Team applications that are incomplete and/or do not comply with any application requirements set forth on the Website, including, but not limited to, applications that do not clearly indicate each Eligible Participant’s current enrollment or recent graduation status, standing and major or minor concentration, may be disqualified and the Team submitting such non-conforming application may not be eligible to participate in Imaginations.
- Submission Guidelines.
- Any Imaginations project submission, including any ideas, inventions or other intellectual property contained therein (collectively, “Submission”) submitted by a Team must be original and solely the work the Team.
- All Submissions must comply with the “Project Submission” guidelines located on the Website.
- Only one Submission per Team will be accepted.
- Submissions may not be posted or displayed on the Internet, including, but not limited to, any social media sites, until Imaginations has concluded.
- If so permitted by WDI, any right to use the name “Disney,” (either alone or in conjunction with or as part of any other word or name) or any fanciful marks, copyrights, trademarks, trade names, service marks, characters or designs or any other intellectual property owned, controlled or licensed to Disney (as defined in paragraph (b.) of Section 8 below) shall be solely limited to inclusion in the Submission and neither WDI nor Disney grants to You, or any Team, any other right, title, interest or license to or in any such items.
- Judging. All Submissions will be judged by WDI as more fully set forth on the Website. Each Team eligible to participate in the final judging round of Imaginations (“Finalist Team”) will be selected by WDI solely based on the Team’s Submission.
- Each Finalist Team (as determined by WDI pursuant to Section 4 above) will receive: (i) an all-expenses-paid-trip to WDI’s campus located in Glendale, California for each Eligible Participant on the Team (airfare to and from WDI’s campus will be roundtrip from a major metropolitan airport near each Eligible Participant’s school or permanent residence address as determined by WDI); (ii) the opportunity for each Eligible Participant to be interviewed for an internship opportunity with Disney (as defined below) (any offer of an internship or other employment opportunity is expressly contingent on the Eligible Participant’s eligibility for employment in the United States); (iii) a behind-the-scene tours of WDI; (iv) a visit to the Disneyland® Resort located in Anaheim, California and (v) a cash payment of $1,000.00 to be awarded to the Team adjudged to receive the first place honor to be split equally among each Eligible Participant on the Team.
Items (i) through (v) above shall be referred to collectively as the “Award”.
- Finalist Teams will present their Submissions and compete for the Imaginations first place honor at the final competition event hosted at WDI in Glendale, California on the date set forth on the Website.
- Any college or university: (i) represented by an Eligible Participant on a Finalist Team; and (ii) whose representative signed the Finalist Team’s submitted registration form; (“University”) will be eligible to receive a portion of a $1,000.00 grant awarded by WDI to the first place Finalist Team. Such grant shall be split equally among each University represented by the first place Finalist Team.
- Ownership of Submission.
- In consideration for the opportunity to participate in Imaginations and be considered for the Award, all Eligible Participant members understand and agree that all Submissions will become the sole property of WDI and will not be returned to the Team or any Eligible Participant.
- All rights to any Submission will be retained by WDI without expectation by any Eligible Participant, Team or University of any other consideration.
- Each University hereby consents to WDI’s use of such University’s name in connection with the advertising and promotion of Imaginations at WDI’s sole and exclusive discretion.
- Adherence to and Modification of Terms.
- All Eligible Participants must abide by these Terms and any other instructions, requirements (including the Eligibility Requirements), procedures, notices and other rules stated on the Website. Failure to do so, as determined by WDI at its sole and exclusive discretion, may result in disqualification of any Eligible Participant or Team.
- WDI reserves the right to modify, cancel or otherwise change Imaginations, the Eligibility Requirements, these Terms, the Website, the Award and any other Imaginations requirements, rules or processes without notice at any time and from time to time at its sole and exclusive discretion.
- In the event of a conflict between these Terms and anything contained elsewhere on the Website, these Terms shall prevail.
- You hereby agree to hold WDI, its parent, affiliate and subsidiary companies (collectively “Disney”) and any authorized agents or representatives of each harmless from and against any and all losses, damages, liabilities and costs (including settlement costs and any legal or other fees and expenses for investigating or defending any actions or threatened actions) in connection with any claim arising out of: (i) any breach by You of these Terms; and (ii) Your participation in or conduct during Imaginations. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, NEGLIGENCE, SHALL DISNEY BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY OTHER PERSON OR ENTITY FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES INCLUDING PERSONAL INJURY (INCLUDING DEATH) AND PROPERTY DAMAGE OF ANY NATURE WHATSOEVER ARISING OUT OF YOUR PARTICIPATION IN IMAGINATIONS EVEN IF FORESEEABLE BY DISNEY OR IF DISNEY OR ANY OF ITS AUTHORIZED REPRESENTATIVES HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
- These Terms shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of California and the laws of the United States, without giving effect to any principals of conflicts of law.
- Any action at law or in equity arising out of or relating to these Terms shall be filed, and venue properly lies, only in state or federal courts located in Los Angeles, California and You hereby consent and submit to the personal jurisdiction of such courts for the purposes of litigating any such action.
- If any provision of these Terms is found to be invalid or unenforceable by a court of competent jurisdiction, such provision shall be severed from the remainder of these Terms, which will otherwise remain in full force and effect.
By participating in Imaginations, You represent that You: (i) have read and understand these Terms and any terms contained on the Website; and (ii) agree to abide by these Terms. If you do not agree with these Terms, you may not participate in Imaginations.