All project submissions will be judged by Imagineers from around the world, and finalist teams will be selected solely based on their initial submission.
Submissions will be judged based on, but not limited to the following:
- Mastery of skills and talents
- Guest experience
- Diversity/market perspective
- Adherence to project challenge
- Team collaboration
Your submission should be fun, original and innovative, and one that:
- Recognizes the cultural nuances of the selected location
- Pushes the boundaries of what currently exists
- Evaluates its business implications and impact on the community
In addition, make sure that your submission demonstrates:
- Ability to tell a compelling and engaging story*
- Broad appeal to a diverse audience
- Knowledge and passion for Walt Disney Imagineering
Keep in mind that the judges evaluating your submission are Imagineers, who blend storytelling with the latest technologies to create immersive experiences that delight families all around the world.
Finalist teams will compete for first place award during the final competition event at Walt Disney Imagineering in Glendale, California where they will present their projects in person to Imagineers. In addition, finalists will get the opportunity to interact with Imagineers, participate in behind-the-scene tours of Walt Disney Imagineering, visit the Disneyland® Resort, and interview for internship opportunities.
*Story also refers to intent behind design and does not have to be a “fairy tale.”