The 2019 Imaginations Design Competition project challenge is:
The world is full of Natural and Ancient wonders that are difficult to enjoy and explore either because they are remote, inhospitable, or have disappeared from time.
In what ways can you create an experience that explores and shares these Wonders safely for a wide range of guests, at or near the original presumed location?
- Honoring the environment, history, codes and local ordinances.
- Sharing the experience with a group.
- The integration of traditional methodologies and advanced technology solutions to create and share the experience.
- Include the expertise of everyone on your cross disciplinary team to support your idea.
- Tell a family-friendly story.
The project should not include:
- Do not use Disney IP (Intellectual Property) in any part of your proposal.
- Do not use any Virtual Reality, Augmented Reality or Mixed Reality based solutions in your proposal.
Select one of the traditionally accepted Natural and Ancient Wonders of the World listed below:
- Mount Everest
- The Grand Canyon
- The Northern Lights
- The Harbor at Rio de Janeiro
- The Great Barrier Reef
- Paricutin: The Volcano in a Cornfield
- Victoria Falls
- Great Pyramid at Giza Egypt
- The Hanging Gardens of Babylon
- The Statue of Zeus at Olympia
- The Temple of Artemis at Ephesus
- The Mausoleum at Halicarnassus
- The Colossus of Rhodes
- The Lighthouse at Alexandria, Egypt
Upon qualification into the competition, teams will receive the project parameters, project template, and instructions on how to submit their project.
- Submission must follow the format provided on the project template.
- Submission must include:
- Description of the selected location
- Overview of the proposed experience
- Vision and purpose
- Project renderings, schematics, and/or any other media needed to visualize the experience.
- Any videos must be embedded in the submitted file. Links to video-sharing websites will not be accepted.
- All images and photos should include a description.
- Do not include the name of any team member or team member university on any page, image or video.
- Your project submission must be received by the project submission deadline.
- If selected as a finalist team, you may bring artwork, illustrations, storyboards, story treatments, models, building designs and any other materials you have developed to the final competition.
- Projects, entries and/or ideas may not be posted or displayed online until the culmination of the competition. Doing so will automatically disqualify the team.
- All materials submitted to Walt Disney Imagineering will become the property of Walt Disney Imagineering and will not be returned.