The 2017 Imaginations Design Competition project challenge is:
Our parks, resorts, cruise ships and entertainment venues are designed to be places for families and friends to gather and create memories together. Beyond the attractions, restaurants, shows and parades, our parks and resorts include outdoor spaces that are functional yet invite guests to pause and enjoy the time in between their activities. We challenge you to apply some of our same design principles to create a new outdoor space within your college or university that addresses current students, faculty and visitors needs while providing a respite from the stresses of college life.
Upon qualification into the competition, teams will receive the project parameters, project template, and instructions on how to submit their project.
- Submission must follow the format provided on the project template.
- Submission may not exceed eight slides or 10MB in size.
- Submission must include:
- Description of the selected location in its current state
- Overview of the new proposed outdoor space
- Vision and purpose for the new space
- Project renderings, schematics, and/or any other media needed to visualize the new space
- Any videos must be embedded in the submitted file. Links to video-sharing websites will not be accepted.
- All images and photos should include a description.
- Do not include the name of any team member or team member university on any page, image or video.
- Your project submission must be received by the project submission deadline.
- If selected as a finalist team, you may bring artwork, illustrations, storyboards, story treatments, models, building designs and any other materials you have developed to the final competition.
- Projects, entries and/or ideas may not be posted or displayed online until the culmination of the competition. Doing so will automatically disqualify the team.
- All materials submitted to Walt Disney Imagineering will become the property of Walt Disney Imagineering and will not be returned.